About Flat Stanley

Hi - I am Flat Stanley and I was made by Isabella who is in the 2nd grade in Monroe, NJ. She sent me on a trip to Aunt Cindy's house in Fort Myers, FL for a week. I get to do all sorts of exciting things and then writing about them. When I get back, I will tell Isabella's class all about my trip. Here is a sneak peak.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Friday May 20, 2011 - The Beach!!

Today I went to work at the hospital. Heather showed my a really cool thing. It's called dry ice! She showed me what happens when you add water to it. We took a video of it so I can share it with everyone.


Then when everyone got home, we drove out to Fort Myers Beach to eat dinner and watch the sunset.


I was on the lookout for sea turtle nests.  The turtles make their nest up in the sand on the beach.  When the eggs hatch, all the baby turtles crawl to the water.  People protect the nests here on the beach and you are not allowed to disturb them.  We did not see the nests this time.


We did see a racoon up by the picinic area!! You have to be careful for the ants down here.  There are little ones called Fire Ants.  They are very small, but travel together.  When they get on you, they bite and boy does it hurt!  We made sure we didn't set in any ant piles!


We had a nice time at the beach and the water was sooo warm!  Here are some pictures.




Look what I found on the sand.

Baby turtles going to the water.



Enjoying the beach!

Crawling along in the sand.




No comments:

Post a Comment