About Flat Stanley

Hi - I am Flat Stanley and I was made by Isabella who is in the 2nd grade in Monroe, NJ. She sent me on a trip to Aunt Cindy's house in Fort Myers, FL for a week. I get to do all sorts of exciting things and then writing about them. When I get back, I will tell Isabella's class all about my trip. Here is a sneak peak.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday, May 21, 2011 - Alligators & Snakes!

Today is my last day here in Florida.  Tomorrow I go back on the mail truck to make my way back to Monroe, NJ.  


Today we went to the Calusa Nature Center and saw all kinds of wildlife.  They take in injured animals and help them get better.  If they are well enough they release them back to live in their natural environment.  If they cannot, then they stay at the nature center.  We saw alligators, snakes and many types of birds.




After that we drove over to see where the new Boston Red Sox Baseball Spring Training Center was being built.  The Red Sox come to Florida in the Spring to get ready for the start of the baseball season.  It is too cold up north.  The new stadium will open in Spring of 2012 and should bring lots of people to the area.  The Minnesota Twins also have a Spring Training Center here too.  Maybe next time I can come and watch a game.




Well I have to go pack my bags now.  I have lots of stuff to take back with me for Bella's class.  I hope everyone likes everything.  Then I will go for one last swimmmm!


See Ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment