About Flat Stanley

Hi - I am Flat Stanley and I was made by Isabella who is in the 2nd grade in Monroe, NJ. She sent me on a trip to Aunt Cindy's house in Fort Myers, FL for a week. I get to do all sorts of exciting things and then writing about them. When I get back, I will tell Isabella's class all about my trip. Here is a sneak peak.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Visit to the Hospital

Today I went to work with my cousin Heather. She works in a hospital in the laboratory. Whenever you have to get a blood test done, the laboratory is where it goes.


I had a lot of fun. Heather even got me purple clothes called scrubs and blue gloves that match hers.
Heather showed me the place where they spin the tubes of blood. It's called a centrifuge (wow, that's a big word!). The tubes get put in and then it spins really, really fast! It's like a super duper fast carousel!
Heather also helped me look in to something called a microscope. It takes really, really small things (things you can't see with only your eyes) and makes them big enough to see.
I had a real good time with Heather at the hospital. I think I might even go back another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment