About Flat Stanley

Hi - I am Flat Stanley and I was made by Isabella who is in the 2nd grade in Monroe, NJ. She sent me on a trip to Aunt Cindy's house in Fort Myers, FL for a week. I get to do all sorts of exciting things and then writing about them. When I get back, I will tell Isabella's class all about my trip. Here is a sneak peak.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wednesday, May 18th - Edison/Ford Winter Estates

Today we went to the Edison/Ford Winter Estates in Fort Myers.  Thomas Edison was a famous inventor from New Jersey.  He didn't like the cold too much so he had a home built in Fort Myers Florida.  He and his family came here for the winter months.  There are beautiful gardens, a museum, and several homes that you can walk around and see. There is also a research laboratory that Mr. Edison used while down here.


Thomas Edison was friends with Henry Ford.  Mr. Ford was the founder of the Ford Motor Company.  Mr. Edison invited Mr. Ford and his family to come to Fort Myers during the winter months. They all had a nice time together.


No comments:

Post a Comment